Autocross 8: FCSCC Event #2 5/7/17

I thought we were gonna do at least 7~8 runs but the weather forecast forced them to shut it off half day time. So we ended up with 5 runs and called it a day.

I did my first two runs really slow. For the 4th one I added more gas everywhere, and got almost 2 seconds faster than previous fastest. My 5th one was fairly good but I ruined it with almost missing one gate in the middle of the whole course.

Videos:



Mistakes that I made:
1. I've never indeed looked ahead over even 30% of the whole course time.. Look ahead could have helped me with speed decision and also more importantly the earliest time to back on throttle.
2. Slow in fast out. This is proven by the 3rd comparison, the first turn after the slaloms, in which my 4th run was too fast and could not turn properly while my 5th was perfect with speed (still need to gas it a bit sooner though). The difference was HUGE after that turn as you could see!

And these two are the main things I should be practicing for some time now.

Keep it on!

5/9/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation