Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation

Finally I decided to get my lip installed. I tried to install it myself, but when I put it on it had bad fitment. Adhesive and other tricks needed. After calling Rockstar Garage, I took it to K2 Auto Body for the installation.



They said they heated the bumper up to like 150 degrees, flexing both the bumper and the lip. However, it was still pretty hard to fit onto the bumper without some trimming. Since the lip was already painted by RSG, they ended up using some adhesive (like plastic) to hang it on the bumper. Both sides and middle section were applied with this adhesive and held firm there. Also they put two bolts on the bottom tabs on the lip, to the bottom of the bumper. 





There is still like 1/4 of a inch gap besides the middle section. It's kinda inevitable though.

Here's what the car looks like after the installation:




Looks nice so I am good with this hack :)

3/6/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle