Autocross 10: 2017 SCCA NJ ProSolo - 5/20/17~5/21/17

This is a special one: ProSolo!

It's my first year autocross and my first year ProSolo! And ProSolo is totally different and hell a lot of fun!! Okay, let's stop this and come back to business..














The 2.5 day event was actually a mess to me.

Day 0 Friday I did the Evo Hot Shot school, trying to learn what Prosolo was all about and the staging, launch rules. Well I did complete the mission of launching in neutral, which was not bad at all considering someone once did that in reverse lol! In addition to that, my RSG Gears lip fell off the bumper.. So I ended up putting it in the passenger seat and leaving it in the garage for the next two days.

Day 1 Saturday everything seemed to work well but at the end of the day when everyone was wrapping things up heading home, my car threw a beautiful CEL. I used Tim's OBD2 scanner to check it. It was random misfire in one of the cylinder + cylinder 1 misfire. There could be tens of reasons behind these two codes according to s2ki. Finally I erased the code with the scanner and drove home after filling the car up with premium fuel. I did compete with only 1~2 bar of gas in the tank. THAT COULD BE THE REASON!

Day 2 Sunday was not quiet too cuz I forgot to bring my toolbox, almost everything early morning when it was my work shift. Not good at all!


Here are two clips of my launch left and right (0.501s I am not kidding!):







And here are my fastest left and right side runs:




Last place. 31/31 STR. Not bad!


Here are other fast STR videos:

Noel:


Rad: (Rad's right was even better.)



And Nate:



Now it's time for summary and figuring things out:
1. Look ahead! Rule #1 without doubt!
2. Push the car to the limit please! Especially at the slalom! Look at how much faster Nate did!
3. Turn-in early! The main difference, other than speed is that, I am turning in too late. I should've already turned in middle of the distance. Watch again how these people steer their cars..
4. Try to make steering complete, left->right not left, left, left, right (continuous and smooth).


5/25/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation