Project S-6: Windshield washer fluid top off

Just a easy job but you should definitely check during normal use.

The car has its own Honda washer fluid gauge. You can see it, pull it out and check the level. The reason I went to buy new washer fluid was that I could barely see any mark on the marker/gauge. Therefore I bought Rain-x 2 in 1 all season fluid.



However, it turned out that the tank was full when I added only like 1/4 of a gallon. And after that I tried to use the fluid for like 30 secs. It was still blue, which was the remainings in the tank.

So I ended up with mixing the previous unknown brand fluid with this brand new one. It doesn't really though.

It is always a good idea to keep a bottle of washer fluid at home as you could add some when you find little in the tank. Note that when there's no fluid in the tank and you still try to use the pump it could damage the pump. As for the S2000, the pump and the tank is located behind the fenders. It's not hard to access them if you need to replace them.




11/06/16

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation