NNJR SCCA AutoX @ Metlife Stadium Lot E - 11/05/16

Last and my first event for this season with NNJ.

I did rethink of oversteer and understeer before I ran the course. Also I did walk the course twice, which helped me a lot. I didn't go off course once in the 7 runs. And some of the turns were well prepared, though not fast. I need to keep it habit and look further ahead. Just get used to it.

The biggest takeaway from this event was this:
Oversteer is the result of excessive or sudden input (whether it's gas or brake).
Understeer is the result of some input but with too much speed (or bad front tires).

I got 1m2s for the first run. And for the following ones, 1m, 59s, 58s, 57s, 56s and 56s. Literally faster with each run. The good thing is that I am making progress. The bad thing is, although I am getting faster, I haven't pushed the car hard enough. So I would say for the next event I should focus on the following things: (before buying and replacing these with new tires)
0. Smooth input + look ahead
1-a. Push it hard but smoothly to see oversteer (during turn-in) and understeer (during exiting).
1-b. Give it sudden and more aggressive gas/brake to feel the mistake and difference.

Keep it going. Maybe try front tire pressure 36psi next time. Would help turn-in.

NSTR class ;)
 Btw, I just received my 440 bucks RSG Gears Lip today. So excited. I will put em on ASAP :).


Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation