Autocross 15: Metro NY PCA Event @Nassau - 6/25/17

I've done well at this event. My fastest clean run was claimed to be a DNF because I went off course after the finish line... Okay... Should've been 5th in RAW and 2nd in x2 (after Heidi)...

I don't like the lot. It's bumpy, has lots of dips, I was scraping everywhere. Also the surface was covered with dirt and sand, bricks on tires.. So not enough grip at all.

Here are my fastest two runs, run 4 is a clean fastest DNF while run 5 is a wild +5 cones run.

run 5:

run 4:


I was much faster in the first half of the course in run 5. I gained time because:
1) I was not understeering in the first right hand turn.
2) I pushed it harder (in 1st gear..)

But finally I got exactly the same time. If you check out this side-by-side:


You will see that I was slowed down because of the right hand corner turn before the chicage box. Yes I was losing time because I was understeering too much (too fast and I still kept adding gas there you could hear it). I could not position the car in the right place for the almost straight chicage box...

Yes it's about car positioning and nailing corner exit. I should have slowed down a bit to perfect the exit.

Things to improve:
1) Look further ahead.
2) Push the car to the limit!!
3) Turn-in early.
4) And after points 1~3, think of positioning the car for the next section of the course!

6/27/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation