Autocross 12: NNJR SCCA & PCA Event #4 - 6/4/17

We got 5 runs. I did like 65, 63, 62, 60, 59.7 for 5 runs. You could see still got plenty of room for improvement.

The slaloms the biggest problem, still. Whether or not it was related to my shifting, I was too too late at the first slaloms.. That's also what Tony told me to work on. Slaloms.

Other than that you will find I was not pushing the car hard enough. I did push a bit but not enough, and I should have braked late. I was experiencing any "late braking understeer" at all that day.

There are the videos:
- My fastest run 5, 59.7, into 1 min! I didn't control the car as well as run 4 to be honest, but I just pushed the car harder especially the middle gate section. Although I lost time at a lot of other places, I was still .3 second faster. PUSH IT.
- My second fastest 60.0 run 4. Well I got a good rhythm but just need to give it gas more and sooner. GAS, GAS. Also the SLALOMS.
- The comparison could show what I said above.





And see how Hez nailed it with 54.6 something...



He was basically:
1) early gas pedal
2) turn in early
3) pefect line and steering input

The first two points are more important to me.


In short,
1) Look ahead (help position the car)
2) Push the car and drive at the limit. GAS EARLY.
3) Turn-in early (especially slaloms)


6/10/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation