BMW Ultimate Driving Experience Autocross

I attended BMW UDE Autocross event on Sun morning 9 o'clock. I have to admit, bmw is so different from my s2000. I was driving a latest 540i model.

The traction control was on so I felt like weird behaviors all over the run. Also the turbo lag was quite obvious, and I was annoyed by that lol. In addition, the pedal feel was huge difference too. I really need to press hard on the gas pedal (compared to my s2000 driving style) to give it gas after apex.. And no need to modulate too much at all!

That being said, I liked the handling and steering on this heavy 3800 pound 5 series car. It was quite nimble for such a heavy car!

Here is the clip:

I was 3rd in 13 people I think. Almost missed the podium. We were given only one run and I did it pretty conservatively because I didn't want some 2-second penalty. Well it turned out that I was not pushing the car hard enough to make the 1st place. In fact I checked out above video, my fastest run in practice and my time attach run. The practice run was literally 1.5 seconds faster... I was slow because I drove like a pussy!

Other than that, I still need to:
1) Look ahead! Not doing well in my first run.
2) more gas after apex not after total exit.








4/16/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation