Autocross 6: Philly SCCA Event #1 4/23/17

This was my 6th event so far and it was still in April..

Anyway, I registered for novice class. 23 people competing in novice. Finally I got 2nd place, I was quite happy but could have been faster. My fastest time was 41.5, but if I did correct my mistakes in my last run, I could do at least 40.5 I think.







Here are the videos, my 3rd, 4th (fastest) run and instructor run (Jon):




Jon did 39.0 in my car, which was 2.5 seconds faster. There's still much room for progress.


I did better in small corrections but still need to practice this more. One thing is that I need to react more quickly (quick hands).

The main focus is still these below points:
1) Heads up and look ahead. Mike told me I was not turning my head enough.
2) Keep driving at the limit. Get back on gas sooner.
3) Countersteering faster

The main reason why I was 2,5 seconds slower than Jon was that I was still not on top speed on the course everywhere. Just push it harder a bit more and let's see!!

4/24/17

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation