Project S-3: Convertible top latch lock off

Yesterday the button on the lock was off as well as some little part inside the latch.



Because the top was locked at that time and it seemed that I could not open the top at that time.

So, late at night I took some screwdrivers with me and started fixing it. (Otherwise I would kick off the weekend with the top!) I tried to find clues from the good latch lock and got an idea on how this thing worked. Then I used the screwdriver to push from the side where the button used to be and successfully opened the lock. The inside looks like this:


Then I knew two things:
1. I lost two screws there, that was why this thing came off, as well as the washer.
2. How could these two parts fit in?

Well, the mechanism of this part is actually pretty easy to understand, if you try to use hand to mimic how it works. You can also understand it from the size and shape of the little piece, the right one in my hand in the pic above. And.. I spent 5 mins and found one of the screw and its washer below the passenger seat! At least I could put them on now!




This was what it looked like before I put the screw on.

That was a quick, easy fix. Thank god I could go topless for the weekend!

09/23/16

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation