Project S-9: GoPro Mount

As the Black Friday is coming, I am going to buy a new GoPro for recording my AutoX events as well as snowboarding videos. Correspondingly I bought a GoPro Mount base plate and the head, and I did the installation of the mount on the windshield on my S2000.

You can see there are two pieces of the mount, one is the top GoPro head and the other is the base plate.



The first thing is to pry out the plastic rubber cap on the screws behind the windshield. It could be time-consuming because you don't wanna ruin the cap so be patient.

Next, loosen the screws and get the windshield off. Clean the surroundings.


Then what I did was tape the contacting points of the plate of the interior leather head, because I didn't want to mess up the interior too much. Like this:


The last step is to screw both the base plate and the windshield to the car. you need to put it precisely on top of the holes and screw one side while keeping it there.

Clip on the GoPro head and you are ready to go for a test!

11/26/16

Comments

Popular

S2000 Torque Specs (from S2KI)

Cornering: cornering force vs slip angle

Project S-18: RSG Gears Lip installation